Woolley, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire, 7 miles WNW of Huntingdon, and 5 N from Graffham station on the Huntingdon and Kettering branch of the M.R. Post town and telegraph office, Huntingdon; money order office, Alconbury. Acreage, 1148; population, 59. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. The church is a building of rubble stone in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Woolley St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woolley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Woolley (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.