Woodhurst, a village and a parish in Hunts, 4 miles SW from Somersham station on the St Ives, March, and Wisbech branch of the G.E.R., and 4 N of St Ives, with a post office under Huntingdon; money order and telegraph office, Somersham. Acreage, 1823; population, 295. The manor belongs to the Pelly family. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to St Ives. The church, dedicated to St John the Baptist, is an edifice in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, S aisle, S porch, and a wooden bell-turret. There are two Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Woodhurst All Saints|
|Poor Law union||St. Ives|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woodhurst from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Woodhurst (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.