Wood Walton, Huntingdonshire
Wood Walton, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire, 1½ mile N from Abbots Ripton station on the G.N.R., and 9 NNE of Huntingdon. Post town, Sawtry, under Peterborough; money order and telegraph office, Sawtry. Acreage, 3898; population, 347. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The manor belongs to the Hussey family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £348 with residence. The church is in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, and an embattled western tower. It was rebuilt in 1859.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Walton Wood St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wood Walton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Walton, Wood (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.