Wistow, a parish, with a village, in Hunts, 3 miles S by W of Ramsey, where there are stations on the G.N.R. and G.E.R. It has a post office under Huntingdon; money order and telegraph office, Warboys. Acreage, 2408; population, 401. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £220 with residence. The church is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, and an embattled western tower. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wistow St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||St. Ives|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wistow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wistow (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.