Winwick, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire, 4½ miles SE by E of Barnwell station on the Northampton and Peterborough branch of the L. & N.W.R., and 6½ SE by S of Oundle. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Oundle. Area, 1780 acres; population, 286. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net value, £100 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, S transept, and a western tower with spire 105 feet high. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Winwick All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Oundle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Winwick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Winwick (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.