Washingley, a parish in Huntingdonshire, 1½ mile W of Stilton, 7 miles S from Peterborough, and 4¾ WNW of Holme station on the main line of the G.N.R. Post town, Peterborough; money order and telegraph office, Stilton. Acreage, 1295; population of the civil parish, 86; of the ecclesiastical with Lutton, 135. The manor with Washingley Hall belongs to the Robertson family, who are lords of the manor and chief landowners. The living is a rectory, annexed to Lutton, in Northamptonshire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Peterborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Washingley from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.