Warboys or Warbois, Huntingdonshire
Warboys or Warbois, a village and a parish in Hunts. The village stands 3½ miles S by E of Ramsey, where there are stations on the G.N.R. and G.E.R., and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Huntingdon. The parish comprises 8435 acres; population, 1661. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £421 with residence. The church is a large and handsome building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel and nave, and a tower with spire. There is a Baptist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Warboys St. Mary Magdalene|
|Poor Law union||St. Ives|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the description for Warboys from Pigot & Co. Directory of Huntingdonshire, 1839
We have transcribed the entry for Warboys or Warbois from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Warboys (St. Mary Magdalene))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.