Stibbington cum Sibgon, Huntingdonshire
Stibbington-cum-Sibgon, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire, on the river Nen, around Wansford station on the Northampton and Peterborough branch of the L. & N.W.R., 8½ miles W of Peterborough. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wansford. Acreage, 1542; population, 480. There is a parish council consisting of seven members and a chairman. The manor belongs to the Duke of Bedford. Stibbington Hall is an ancient mansion of stone standing amidst pleasant grounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £340 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Bedford. The church is a small but ancient building of stone in the Norman and Early English styles.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stibbington St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Stamford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stibbington cum Sibgon from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stibbington (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.