Steeple Gidding, Huntingdonshire
Gidding, Steeple, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire, on Alconbury brook, 7 miles S by W of Stilton, and 7 SW by S of Holme station on the G.N.R. Post town, Peterboro'; money order and telegraph office, Sawtry. Acreage, 1102; population, 93. The manor belonged formerly to the Cottons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net yearly value, £141 with residence. The church is ancient but good, has a spire, and contains monuments of the Cottons.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Steeple Gidding St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Steeple Gidding from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Gidding, Steeple (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.