Raveley Magna, Huntingdonshire
Raveley, Great, a parish in Huntingdonshire, 3½ miles SW of Ramsey station on the G.E.R., and 6½ NNE of Huntingdon. Post town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon; money order and telegraph office, Ramsey. Acreage, 1781; population, 181. The manor belongs to the Peyton family. Part of the parish is fen land. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Upwood, in the diocese of Ely; joint net value, £95 with residence. There is no church, but services of the Church of England are held in the school. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.