Old Weston, Huntingdonshire
Weston, Old, a parish, with a scattered village, in Huntingdonshire, 4½ miles N of Kimbolton station on the Kettering and Cambridge branch of the M.R. It has a post office under Huntingdon; money order office, Catworth; telegraph office, Kimbolton. Acreage, 2051; population, 245. The living is a curacy annexed to Brington. The church is an ancient edifice of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, and a western tower with an octagonal broach spire. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Weston St. Swithin|
|Poor Law union||Thrapston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Old Weston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Weston, Old (St. Swithin))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.