Morborn, a parish in Huntingdonshire, 1½ mile E of Billing Brook, at the boundary with Northamptonshire, 2 miles NW of Stilton, and 3f SSW of Overton railway station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town, Peterborough; money order and telegraph office, Stilton. Acreage, 1205; population, 90. The manor, with all the land, belongs to the Fitzwilliam family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £119 with residence. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Norman and Early English styles, and consists of chancel, nave, S transept, aisles, N porch, and a western embattled tower of brick.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Morborn All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Peterborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1724.
Church of England
All Saints (parish church)
The church of All Saints is an ancient building of stone in the Norman and Early English styles, consisting of chancel, nave, south transept, aisles, north porch and a western embattled tower of red brick with pinnacles and containing 2 bells: in the chancel is a double piscina and sedilia: the church was repaired in 1864, and in 1900-1 was entirely restored at a cost of £2,583: there are 100 sittings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Morborn from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Morborn (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.