Kings Ripton, Huntingdonshire
King's Ripton or Ripton Regis, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire. The village stands 3 miles E from Abbots Eipton station on the main line of the G.N.R., and 4 NE from Huntingdon. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Huntingdon. Acreage, 1169; population, 176. The manor belongs to Magdalene College, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; gross value, £160. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is an ancient building of rubble in the Perpendicular style, and there is a small Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||King's Ripton St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1597.
Church of England
St. Peter (parish church)
The church of St. Peter is an ancient edifice of rubble, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, north aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower containing 2 bells: there are 150 sittings.
There is a small Wesleyan chapel.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kings Ripton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Ripton, King's (St. Peter))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.