Great Stukeley, Huntingdonshire
Stukeley, Great, a parish, with a scattered village, in Huntingdonshire, 2 miles NNW of Huntingdon, which is the nearest railway station. It has a post office under Huntingdon; money order and telegraph office, Huntingdon. Acreage, 2875; population, 393. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The manor belongs to the Torkington family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net value, £96 with residence. The church, which is a building of stone in the Early English style, has a massive tower of the 14th century. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stukeley St. Bartholomew|
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Great Stukeley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stukeley, Great (St. Bartholomew))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.