Coppingford or Copmanford, Huntingdonshire
Coppingford or Copmanford, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire, on Alconbury Brook, 6½ miles SW of Holme station on the G.N.R., and 7½ NW of Huntingdon. Post town, Huntingdon; money order and telegraph office, Alconbury. Acreage, 829; population, 74. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Upton, in the diocese of Ely. The church, mentioned in Domesday Book, has entirely disappeared.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Coppingford All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Coppingford or Copmanford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Coppingford (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.