Caldecot, a parish in Huntingdonshire, 1½ mile WSW of Stilton, and 4 miles W of holme station on the G.N.R. Post town, Stilton, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 795; population of the civil parish, 23; of the ecclesiastical, 83. The manor belonged in the 13th century to the Hallidays. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, annexed to that of Denton; joint net yearly value, £117 including residence. The church, a small edifice of stone in the Early English stvie, was rebuilt in 1874.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Caldicote St. Mary Magdalene|
|Poor Law union||Peterborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1739.
Church of England
St. Mary Magdalene (parish church)
The church of St. Mary Magdalene, entirely rebuilt in 1874, at a cost of £1,000, is a small edifice of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, north and south porches and a western bell-cote containing 2 bells: there are 100 sittings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Caldecot from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Caldicote (St. Mary Magdalene))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.