Ayott St Peter, Hertfordshire
Ayott-St Peter, or Ayott-Parva, a parish in Herts, about 1½ mile W from Welwyn, and with a station on the G.N.R. It has a post office under Welwyn, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1093; population, 215. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £207 with residence. The church, erected in 1875, is in the Early Decorated style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Ayott St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Welwyn|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ayott St Peter from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ayott (St. Peter))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.