Monxton or Monkston, a parish, with a small village, in Hants, 3½ miles WSW of Andover, and 2 from Weyhill station on the Midland and South-Western Junction railway. Post town, Andover. Acreage, 1156; population, 216. The property belongs to King's College, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; value, £230 with residence. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church has a tower with slated spire, and is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Andover|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Online maps of Monxton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.