Lasham, a parish, with a village, in Hants, 4 miles NW of Alton station and 7 from Basingstoke station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Alton. Acreage, 1796; population, 169. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £390 with residence. The church is a small building in the Early English style, and was erected in 1868. A jubilee avenue of beech trees forms a boundary for some distance between the parishes of Lasham and Bernard.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Lasham St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Alton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lasham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lasham (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Online maps of Lasham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.