Langrish, an ecclesiastical parish in Hants, 3 miles from Petersfield station on the L. & S.W.R. It has a post office under Petersfield; money order and telegraph office, Petersfield. Population, 535. The church is a fine building of flint in the Early English style, and was erected in 1871. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £290 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. There is a small Congregational chapel. Hops are grown in the district.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||East Meon|
|Poor Law union||Petersfield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Langrish from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Langrish)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Online maps of Langrish are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.