UK Genealogy Archives logo

Hook with Warsash, Hampshire

Historical Description

Hook-with-Warsash, an ecclesiastical parish, situated on the shore of Southampton Water, in Hants, 5 miles from Fareham station, and 3 from Swanwick station on the L. & S.W.B. Post town, Fareham. Population, 1001, owing to part of the parish being cut off to form the new parish of Lock's Heath. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; value, £220 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church, built in 1871, is a stone building in the Early English style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.