East Tytherley, Hampshire
Tytherley, East, a parish in Hants, 2 miles NW of Dunbridge station on the L. & S.W.R., and 6 SW by S of Stockbridge. Post town, West Tytherley. Acreage, 2678; population of the civil parish, 385; of the ecclesiastical, 379. There is a parish council. Lockerley Hall is the chief residence. There are many barrows. The living is a donative in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £120 with residence. The church is Early English, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||East Tytherley or Tuderley St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Stockbridge|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Tytherley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Tytherley or Tuderley, East (St. Peter))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Online maps of East Tytherley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.