Boveney, a township in Burnham parish, Bucks, on the river Thames, near the G.W.R., 2 miles W of Eton. Post town, Windsor; money order and telegraph office, Burnham. Acreage, 1133; population, 402. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Burnham, in the diocese of Oxford.
Boveney was in Eton Registration District from 1837 to 1934
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Buckinghamshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Boveney are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Buckinghamshire papers online:
A full transcript of the Visitation of Buckinghamshire, 1634 is online