Colwell Bay, Isle of Wight
Colwell Bay, a bay in the west of the Isle of Wight, between Cliffs-End and Warden Point, 2 miles SW of Yarmouth. Its width is fully three-quarters of a mile, its depth inland about 2¼ furlongs, its scenery picturesque, aad its rocks interesting to geologists.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Colwell Bay are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)