Bullington, a parish in Hants, on an affluent of the river Test, 1½ mile N from Sutton Scotney railway station, and 4½ miles S of Whitchureh. Post town, Micheldever; money order and telegraph office, Sutton Scotney. Acreage, 1635; population of the civil parish, 161; of the ecclesiastical, with Tufton, 298. There is an old Roman encampment called " Tidbury King," where many Roman antiquities have been found. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Tufton, in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £200 with residence. The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bullington St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Andover|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bullington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bullington (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hampshire (County Southampton) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.