West Dean, Gloucestershire
Dean, West, a township in Gloucestershire. It is divided into four ecclesiastical parishes-St Paul's, comprising Park End, Whitecroft, and Futterill; All Saints', comprising Yorkley and Viney Hill; Holy Jesus', comprising most of Lydbrook; and Christ Church, comprising Berry Hill, Tayford, Hillersland, and Lane Ends; and also contains Ellwood, Clearwell Mesne, and Bream's Eaves. Acreage, 10,904; population, 9130. See PARKEND, VINEY HILL, LYDBROOK, and BERRY HILL.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Monmouth||1837 - 1937|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.