Lea Bailey, Gloucestershire
Lea Bailey, a tithing in Newland parish, Gloucestershire, near the river Wye, 4 miles SE of Monmouth.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Ross|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lea Bailey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lea-Bailey)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.