Highleadon, a hamlet in Rudford parish, Gloucestershire, 5 miles NW of Gloucester.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
The Wesleyan Chapel was built in 1864.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Online maps of Highleadon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.