Coln Rogers, Gloucestershire
Coln-Rogers, a village and a parish in Gloucestershire, on the river Colne, 4 miles SSW of Northleach, and 7 NE by N of Cirencester. Post town, Northleach (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1574; population, 93. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £195 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is old, and was restored in 1890.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Coln-Rogers St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Northleach|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Coln Rogers 1755-1812, Gloucestershire is available to browse online.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Coln Rogers from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Coln-Rogers (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Online maps of Coln Rogers are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.