Woodford Green, Essex
Woodford Green, a village in Woodford St Mary parish, Essex, three Quarters of a mile W of Woodford station on the G.E.R., and 5½ miles N by E of Stratford. It has a head post office, a good inn, and Congregational and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Online maps of Woodford Green are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: