Stapleford Abbots, Essex
Stapleford Abbots, a parish in Essex, 5½ miles N by W of Romford station on the G.E.R. Post town, Romford; money order office, Passingford Bridge; telegraph office, Havering. Acreage, 2365; population, 370. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The manor belongs to the Barnes family. Albyns is a fine country mansion which was erected from the designs of Inigo Jones. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £326 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, rebuilt in 1861 with the exception of the tower, is a building of flint in the Early English style.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: