Stanway All Saints, Essex
Stanway All Saints, an ecclesiastical parish in Stanway and Lexden parishes, Essex, 3¼ miles SW of Colchester station on the G.E.R. Post town and money order office, Colchester; telegraph office, Lexden. It was constituted in 1845. Population, 553. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £175 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church was built in 1845, and is a fine edifice of brick and stone in the Decorated style. The old church of All Saints has been in ruins ever since the time of the Protectorate, and stands within the grounds of Stanway Hall.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stanway All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Lexden and Winstree|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stanway All Saints from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stanway (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: