Little Tey, Essex
Tey, Little, a parish in Essex, 1½ mile W by S of Marks Tey Junction station on the G.E.R., and 2½ miles E by N of Coggeshall. Post town, Kelvedon; money order and telegraph office, Marks Tey. Acreage, 343; population of the civil parish, 50; of the ecclesiastical, 134. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £150 with residence. The church is a small building of stone, consisting of chancel and nave, and a small tower of wood.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Tey St. James|
|Poor Law union||Lexden and Winstree|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Tey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tey, Little (St. James))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Online maps of Little Tey are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: