Little Coggeshall, Essex
Coggeshall, Little, a parish in Essex, containing a small part of the town of Coggeshall. Acreage, 1020; population, 379. The living is incorporated with Great Coggeshall. There were once two churches, the one monastic and long ago demolished, the other parochial, now partially restored. There are some remains of an ancient Cistercian abbey, and a Tudor mansion, which stands partly on its site, was built with its materials.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: