Leaden Roothing or Leaden Roding, Essex
Leaden Roothing or Leaden Roding, a small agricultural parish in Essex. It is about 7 miles NE from Ongar station on the G.E.R., and 7 SW from Dnnmow, and has a post office under Dunmow; money order office, White Roding; telegraph office, Matching Green. Acreage, 914; population, 190. The living is a rectory in the diocese of StAlbans; net value, £149. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, restored in 1866, is a small building of rubble in the Norman style. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Dunmow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Leaden Roothing or Leaden Roding from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Roothing, Leaden)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: