Foxearth or Foxheard, Essex
Foxearth or Foxheard, a village and a parish in Essex, near the river Stour, at the boundary with Suffolk, 3½ miles NW by N of Sudbury station on the G.E.R., with a post office under Sudbury; money order and telegraph office, Cavendish. Acreage, 1724; population, 382. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value, £139 with residence. The church is old but very good, and has an embattled tower surmounted by a lofty spire. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Sudbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Foxearth or Foxheard from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: