Dunton or Dunton Waylett, Essex
Dunton or Dunton Waylett, a parish in Essex, 5 miles SSW from Billericay, and 6 SE from Brentwood, and 4¼ from Laindon station on the London, Tilbury, & Southend railway. Post town, Brentwood; money order office, Herongate; telegraph office, Horndon-on-Hill. Acreage, 2310;, population, 137. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £280 with residence. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church, rebuilt in 187 3, is a building of brick in the Decorated style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Dunton-Waylett St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dunton or Dunton Waylett from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Dunton-Waylett (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: