Bobbingworth or Boringer, Essex
Bobbingworth or Boringer, a parish in Essex, 2½ miles NW of Ongar station on the G.E.R., and 5½ SE of Harlow. It has a post office under Ongar, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1642; population, 313. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £381. The church is a small building of brick in the Decorated style. Blake Hall is a chief residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bobbingworth St. German|
|Poor Law union||Ongar|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bobbingworth or Boringer from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Bobbingworth (St. German))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: