Bartlow End, Steventon End, or Little Bartlow, Essex
Bartlow-End, Steventon-End, or Little Bartlow, a hamlet in Ashdon parish, Essex, contiguous to Great Bartlow, to which it is annexed for ecclesiastical purposes, 3 miles SE of Linton. Area, 864 acres; population, 175.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bartlow End, Steventon End, or Little Bartlow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bartlow, Little, or Steventon-End)
- Kelly's Directory of Essex, Hertfordshire, and Middlesex, 1914
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
The Essex pages from the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: