Woodham, a township in Aycliffe parish, Durham, 7 miles ESE of Bishop Auckland, 8 from Darlington, and 3 from Aycliffe station on the N.E.R. It comprises the hamlets of Nunstainton and Ricknall. Post town, Ferry Hill; money order and telegraph office, Rushyford. Acreage, 3811; population, 122.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
|Poor Law union||Sedgefield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woodham from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Woodham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: