New Windsor, Berkshire
Windsor, New, a parish in Berks, containing the greater part of Windsor borough. Post town, Windsor. Acreage, 2559; population, 8181. This does not include the extra-parochial tract of Windsor Castle, which has an area of 24 acres and a population of 70. See WINDSOR.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Windsor St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Windsor|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
New Windsor was in Windsor Registration District from 1837 to 1974
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for New Windsor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Windsor, or New Windsor (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of New Windsor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.