Westwick, a township in Barnard Castle parish, Durham, 2 miles SE of Barnard Castle station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Barnard Castle. Acreage, 1469; population, 72. The Earl of Strathmore is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
|Poor Law union||Teesdale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Westwick from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Westwick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: