UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Langton, Durham

Historical Description

Langton, a township in Gainford parish, Durham, on an affluent of the river Tees, 2 miles N of Gainford station on the N.E.R. Post town, Darlington; money order and telegraph office, Gainford. Acreage, 1085; population, 79. The Duke of Cleveland is sole landowner.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCounty Durham 
Civil parishGainford 
Poor Law unionTeesdale 
WardDarlington 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Langton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Langton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online:

CountyCounty Durham
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtDL2
Post TownDarlington

Advertisement

Advertisement