Knitsley, a hamlet in Conside and Knitsley township, Lanchester parish, Durham, on the N.E.R., near Watling Street, 3 miles WNW of Lanchester. It has a station or. The railway.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Knitsley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: