Healeyfield, a township in Lanchester parish, Durham, 7½ miles NW of Durham, and 1 mile from Rowley station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 2075; population, 855. There are lead mines. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners are lords of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
|Poor Law union||Lanchester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Healeyfield from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Healeyfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: