Dalton Piercy, Durham
Dalton Piercy, a township in Hart parish, Durham, 8½ miles N by E of Stockton-upon-Tees, and 3 miles from West Hartlepool station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 1000; population, 86. There is a Saxon earthwork.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
|Poor Law union||Stockton-upon-Tees|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dalton Piercy from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Dalton-Piercy)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Dalton Piercy are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: