INVERMORRISTON, a village, in the parish of Urquhart and Glenmorriston, county of Inverness, 21¾ miles (S. W. by W.) from Bonar Ferry; containing 94 inhabitants. It is situated at the confluence of the river Morriston with Loch Ness; and an excellent road has been formed from it, coastwise, along the north-west shore of the loch, to Bonar Ferry. The Grant family have a handsome seat in the vicinity; and there is an excellent inn. A missionary preaches here, and in the upper part of the glen, alternately; and a branch of the parochial school is in the village.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis