INCH-LONAIG, an isle, in the parish of Luss, county of Dumbarton. This islet is one of a numerous group, beautifully situated in Loch Lomond, and is about a mile long and a quarter of a mile broad, and estimated to contain 145 acres, of which a number are occupied by wood. It lies equidistant between Luss, on one side of the lake, and the parish of Buchanan, on the opposite shore; and has been latterly appropriated as a deer-park, by the Colquhoun family, whose handsome seat of Rhoss-dhu is on the borders of the lake. The isle is remarkable for the number and size of its fine old yew-trees, which are of natural growth, and of which bows and arrows were formerly made.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis