HILLSWICK, a hamlet, in the parish of North-Mavine, county of Shetland; containing 211 inhabitants. It is situated near Hillswick ness, and westward of Hillswick creek, which opens into St. Magnus' bay, on the north side of Shetland. The creek affords safe and excellent anchorage for any number of vessels, and of any burthen, having good moorings of from seven to twenty fathoms. There is also a large and convenient beach for drying fish, with warehouses, and salt and fish cellars. Numerous voes indent this part of the coast.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis