West Haven, Forfarshire
HAVEN, WEST, a village, in the parish of Panbride, county of Forfar, 5½ miles (S. W.) from Arbroath; containing 301 inhabitants. This village is situated on the coast, at a distance of a mile only from East Haven; and, with the exception of a small hamlet adjoining it, to the landward, is in every respect so identified with that village in its fishery, trade, and other circumstances, as to require no separate description. Easy intercourse is afforded by the Dundee and Arbroath turnpike-road, and the Dundee and Arbroath railway. The members of the Free Church have a place of worship.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis